This may seem like the wrong time of the year to think about boats dealers and the many models that they offer, but there are many people who want to make sure that they are ready when the warm weather returns. Whether you are looking at new or used boats for sale this winter, it is important to make sure that you take the time to find exactly the boat that you want.
Boat dealers across the country may not be as busy in the winter and will be come spring, but there are some parts of the country where life on the lake is enjoyable year round. From pontoon boats for sale near Lake Mead in Nevada to sail boats for sail in Michigan, there are plenty of places where you can look for your next purchase no matter where you live!
Boat Dealers Often Offer Significant Sales Trying to Get Rid of Old Models at the Beginning of the New Year
It is difficult to think through the next few months of cold weather if you are an avid boat owner. Counting down the days until you can get back out on the lake can seem like an overwhelming task, so more than a few boat owners visit the showroom of boat dealers even in the middle of winter. Consider some of these encouraging statistics about boating if you want to help yourself power through these long winter months:
- There are some people who believe want to invest in boats because 95% of boats sold in the U.S. are made in America.
- 95% of all Americans live within a one hour drive of a navigable body of water.
- Boating is often considered a predominantly middle class activity because 72% of boat owners having a household income of less than $100,000.
- The yearly U.S. sales of boats, marine services, and products increased 3% in 2016 and reached $37 billion. This rend is expected to continue throughout the year 2018.
- Able to trailered by a vehicle to local waterways, 95% of boats on the water, including powerboats, personal watercraft, and sailboats, in the U.S. are small in size at less than 26 feet in length.
- Including direct, indirect, and induced spending, the recreational boating industry in America has an annual economic impact of more than $121.5 billion. This amount supports 650,000 direct and indirect American jobs, as well as nearly 35,000 small businesses.
If you love to take your family and friends out on the lake you are likely eager for these winter months to come to an end. In the meantime, however, you can make your way through the showrooms of the closest boat dealers until the snow melts and the temperatures warm.