This is the season for weekends at the lake.
The season for pontoon boats, water skis, and sunburns. Whether you are someone who owns your own cabin or you are someone who looks for pontoon boats to rent for a two week vacation, you likely know the value of making sure that you capture all of the summer memories that you can. From families who are getting ready to send their first kids off to college to couples who are trying to create an oasis that will encourage all of the kids and grandkids to gather for the summer, there are few things more popular than days at the lake.
Interesting enough, as the sharing economy continues to expand, there are a number of lake properties that allow guests to not only rent a place to stay, but a boat and jet skis as well. And while these rentals come with a higher price tag, the convenience of having your own pontoon boat, skis, and other watercraft for your use is a major advantage.
Is Your Family Considering a Lake Purchase in the Near Future?
For families and couples who have the time, a lake purchase is the best way to make sure that you get to spend the most time enjoying yourself. Quality used boats for sale add to the value of a lake cabin and can be a fun way to make sure that you always have access to all of the activities that you like the most.
Consider these facts and figures about the boating industry and the role that it plays in making sure that people make the best use of the hottest days of the summer:
- 95% of boats sold in the U.S. are vessels that were made in the U.S., so in addition to providing enjoyment, they boats benefit the American economy.
- 95% of all Americans live within an hour’s drive of a navigable body of water.
- With 72% of boat owners having a household income of less than $100,000, boating is predominantly a middle class activity.
- An average pontoon boat with a 115 horse ppwer engine can reach 22 miles an hour with a maximum capacity of 11 people.
- An average pontoon boat under ideal conditions with only one person can reach 31 miles an hour.
- Recreational boating industry dollar sales were expected to rise between 10% and 11% from $8.4 billion in 2016. This is an increase that was in addition to the increases in unit sales of new boats.
Boat dealers offer a number of vessels and boating accessories that can make you time at the lake the most fun. Whether you are someone who is looking for a rental for a brief vacation on the water or you are a lake house owner who is looking for a way to take more friends out for a ride, pontoon boats are some of the best options.